- Find A Mentor
- Our Work
- Our Resources
- Online Training
Mentors in the News
Posted on June 26, 2015, by GAPMP
April Lee, Wayne County Parent Mentor was honored as the winner of this year’s Phil Pickens award, and her local newspaper, The Press Sentinel, an opportunity to read all about it:
- Madison County Parent Mentor and mom of Callie, Pam Walley (third from left back row) and her daughter Callie Moore take center stage for a picture in the Summer 2015 GCDD Making A Difference magazine. See page 10 for details. Also, look at the commentary Walley wrote on page 23. Click on the link below to download the magazine.
- Dodge County Parent Mentor was featured in her local newspaper, Dodge County News, in the Back to School Section.
- Union County Parent Mentor Becky Tracy was featured in her hometown newspaper, the North Georgia News, for being the recipient of the Philip Wright Award. Scroll down for the document
- Cherokee County Parent Mentor Joellen Hancock was interviewed regarding her participation in Partners in Policymaking.
- Atlanta City Parent Mentor Edith Abakare is front and center on the cover of the 2014 Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities Annual Report. She is holding a banner for “Unlock the Waiting List”. Scroll to download the report and see her picture.
- Callie Moore, daughter of Madison County Parent Mentor Pam Walley was featured in local news media recipient of the state Children’s Freedom Initiative certificate Scroll down to link to the photo and info.
- For the last 12 years Judith Steuber has served as one of two parent mentors in Cobb County. She is retiring this year. She was celebrated on Facebook by her coworker Ijeoma Ajoku. They are pictured here.
- The Camilla Enterprise recently informed readers about the success of the CAFE which is an initiative that Baker County Parent Mentor Tracy Barber has been helping to manage.