- Find A Mentor
- About Us
- Our Work
Sample Job Descriptions
- Talking/meeting with parents one on one re: parent concerns and/or needs.
- Researching info needed by a parent.
- Facilitating webinars or trainings.
- Preparing and updating other types of info for parents/groups:
– Transition to Middle School checklist
– List of Helpful Websites
– List of Helpful Books
- Presenting workshops to parents and other groups
- Serving on committees
- Coordinating with Parent Resource Centers and providing them with Special Ed. information and with trainings for parents
- Sending info out to parents via our voluntary parent email list
- Looking for new resources.
- Coordinating with other agencies/groups such as GLRS, AADD, FOCUS, Lekotek, Parent to Parent, Refugee Family Services, etc
- Attending required trainings for Parent Mentors in Georgia
- Participating in other forums
– Transition Fair for high school students
– Future Focus Fair
- Presenting trainings to teachers:
– Student-led IEPs