- Find A Mentor
- About Us
- Our Work
FY22 Kickoff Conference
Posted on July 1, 2021, by GAPMP
Building Capacity Today for a Better Tomorrow
Virtual Conference September 29-30 2021
Congratulations to the 2021 Phil Pickens Winners
Angie Ingram, Director of Walker County Schools and Erin Arledge, Parent Mentor Whitfield County
To see all videos and posters of the winners and nominees: 2021 Phil PIckens Awards
LOOKING FOR DOWNLOADS?
IMPORTANT NOTICE Re: REGISTRATION
Thank you for registering for the 2021 GaPMP Kickoff Conference. We have an important change that you need to be aware of and take action. Our meetings on Wednesday, September 29th and Thursday, September 30th will be moving from the GoTo Webinar platform to Microsoft Teams. You will need to re-register for each day that you plan to attend. We apologize for the inconvenience, but you are all experts at adapting to needed change. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you next week as we focus on Building Capacity Today for a Better Tomorrow!
Best Practice Forum
The Best Practice Forum is optional but will be held in conjunction with the Parent Mentor Partnership Kickoff. The date of the event will be Tuesday, September 28th. The forum will spotlight the work of GLRS, districts, GNETS, and teachers to implement the Self-Determined Learning Model of Instruction (SDLMI), incorporate the Self-Determination Inventory (SDI) as a transition assessment, and use the SDI with student-led IEPs and other self-determination initiatives. Presentations will also include the use of technology to engage students virtually. Parent mentors working with ASPIRE will find this information helpful. Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: email@example.com
Register for the Best Practices Forum
How Mentors are Meeting
- Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- Carrollton City Schools Support Services
- 288 Tom Reeve Drive
- Carrollton, Georgia 30117
- Hostess: Missy- (770)301-3310
- *Park and Enter from the parking lot behind the building.
- **You may bring your lunch or can order out. Water will be provided.
- Wednesday Sept. 29, 2021
- 375 Winter St, Winterville, GA 30683
- Hostess: Bonnie Morris (770) 633-2739
- Bring a tailgate treat to share
- Wear matching colors on each day.
- Display a SE PMP sign somewhere in our virtual area.
- Use a group chat feature so we can speak to each other during Kick-off.
- Have breakfast/coffee gatherings (15-20 minutes) before the agenda starts both days via Google Meet to welcome each other and establish our connection each day.
- Gather for Lunch via the same Google Meet.